Analine Sofa Color Change. INK stains.
Click on Image Above for Larger View. Faded, Stained Leather Sofa Refinish
This sofa is ANALINE Type with existing wax effect. Generally we would recommend to convert this Analine to Protected because of the enormous ink stains and various stains on the sofa. However, the owner wants to preserve the crinkled look and natural markings of leather. We are changing the color to a Dark Brown while still maintaining the Analine characteristics.
* INK KILLER: : clean ink
* STRONG CLEANER: loosen up soils and float contaminants to the surface so you can wipe them off.
* Conditioner: soften & moisturize dry leather. Help to achieve an even, more uniform dye if your leather is worn out.
* Analine Dye (Dark Brown AND Black): change or enhance the current color while maintaining the texture and look of leather
* Analine Top Coat:: to seal the color in to prevent color transfer.
* Leather Protectant: protect leather surface against daily soiling so it looks cleaner longer.
* Hair Dryer
* Gray Scuff Pad
* Fine 400grit sandpaper
* Foam Brush
* Sponge, Cloth
* Professional HVLP Spray Gun
*STEP 1: Apply ink killer directly onto the ink stains with a Qtip. Use the other dry end of the Qtip to lift off loosen ink. Repeat as needed. Clean the area with strong cleaner.
*STEP 2: Wipe on Strong Cleaner with a sponge to loose up soils. Wipe off loosen contaminants with a clean white cloth.
*STEP 3:if you leather is visibly worn out at certain areas (seat cushions, armrests). Use the gray scuff pad to smooth out these rough areas. Sand again with fine 400grit sandpaper. Apply Conditioner with a sponge to the entire sofa. If your leather is in great shape and only has fading issues, conditioner is not needed.
*STEP 4: Rub dye onto leather in circular motions with a lint free cloth or sgonge. If you have Spray Gun, spray the next coats. Wait until the prevevous coat dry before applying the next coat (typically 10 minutes). Since this is a color change, more color coats will be needed. In this case, about 6 coats have been applied.
NOTE: you can use hair dryer to speed up drying between color coats.
*STEP 5:Wipe Analine Top Coat onto the surface to seal the color in.>
*STEP 6: Wipe on Leather Protectant with a sponge .
Let the products cure for 72 hours before regular sitting usage.
Questions? Email: support@LeatherRepairPro.com