Complete Dye KIT for Analine Leather
* 8oz Analine Dye Color
* Leather Softener 250ml
* Leather Top Coat 250ml
* Leather Protection Coat 250ml
* Strong Cleaner 250ml
* Lint-free Cloth
* Foam Brush 3in, OR Sponge
* Gray Scrub Pad
* Fine Sandpaper 400grit
NOTE: 8oz color is typically enough for an arm chair. If you dye a standard 7ft sofa, 16oz is recommended.
INSTRUCTIONS to Dye Analine Leather:
1/ Always CLEAN the leather first to remove build up soils and contaminants before applying color. Cleaning is a MUST for a succesful color enhancement or color change. Use the Gray Scuff Pad and Fine Sandpaper to smooth out any rough edges (if any).
2/ Apply Conditioner to soften and moisturize your leather. This step is optional. But if you dye a sofa or chair, it is strongly recommended as beside moisturizing, conditioner also helps the dye to absorb more evenly. Especially if your leather on seat cushions and armrests wear out much more than the rest of the sofa, apply conditionner helps avoid a blotchy look. Save the bottle for late use. Apply Conditioner annually as part of the maintenance program.
3/ Rub the dye color in thin layers with a Sponge or Lint-free Cloth in circular motion. Wait for the dye to dry before applying another coat. On average 3 to 5 coats of dye is applied to achieve a uniform look.
4/ Apply Leather Finish Top Coat. This clear coat helps to seal the color in. Just wipe the Top Coat on with a sponge.
5/ Apply Leather Protectant. This helps resist the effect of daily soiling and future stains or spills so you leather look cleaner longer. Wipe Protectant on leather with a sponge. Save the bottle for later use. Apply Protectant annually as part of the maintenance program.
It's best to NOT use the sofa for 48 hours after restoration to allow time for products to cure.
MORE DETAILED EXPLANATIONS:
* Strong Cleaner (to clean leather, remove stains, dirt...)
* Scrub Pad Grey, Sandpaper 600grit (to remove contaminants, surface abrasion, rough feel)
* Leather Moisturizer (to condition leather. If your Analine leather is really worn out (seat cushions, arm rest), Conditioner helps to prepare leather surface to absorb dye evenly so you don't have blotchy areas.
* Analine Dye, Dark Brown (to enhance color, always choose a DARKER color when you dye)
* Lint Free Cloth (to massage dye into leather)
* Soft Finish Top Coat (to seal the color in)
* Leather Protectant (to protect leather against daily soiling so it looks cleaner longer)
* Hair Dryer (to speed up drying time between color coat)
Questions? Email: support@LeatherRepairPro.com