Costa Brava Acrylic Dye is suited for jacket, belt and handbag. The most common use of this product is for the restoration and recoloration of leather apparel including: jacket, handbag, glove, belt, coat. To dye skin's edge or underside. Can also be used to to dye smooth leather. Dye is semi-transaprent, blendable color. The new tint will renew and enhance your existing color. Don't worry if you dye color is not an exact perfect match. The color pigments will blend-in penetrating the leather so the final color will look uniform. This methos is a RESTORATION process (not a different color change). For example: you have a faded brown jacket and want to restore it to a dark brown (but NOT from brown to green).
Make sure surface is CLEAN for good adhesion and even look. Shake bottle well. Apply dye with a sponge or foam brush. Leave to dry, apply more coats as needed.
* Apply 1st coat to the areas that most discolored. The first coat may look blotchy and uneven, especially when the dye is still wet.
* Apply 2nd coat on the entire jacket or handbag to blend out the color. Hang dry, if it looks great after drying. Congratulations! You are done!
* Apply 3rd coat (if needed) to smooth out color and provide uniform even look. Buff gently to remove excess dye (if any).
Leather Protectant is the final step. This is optional, but Leather Protectant helps to waterproof your jacket or handbag so it stays cleaner longer. Simply apply the Leather Protection Cream to a soft cloth and wipe it on evenly (after your jacket dry for 24 hour). CLICK HERE to purchase Leather Protectant.
* To lighten the color, purchase the Clear option together with your Base color. For example, you have a brown (base color) leather piece and not sure if it is med brown or dark brown. Buy the Dark Brown AND Clear, mix them together to achieve the lighter desired effect. TIPS: Always test with lighter color first, then go darker as needed.
* To darken color, just apply the 2nd or 3rd coat. For much darker color, purchase black and mix with your base color. For example, turn blue into navy or red to burgundy.
In general, 100ml bottle would cover a medium size jacket. Available in 8 colors primary colors. Mixed them to create colors of your own ! High quality color dye for the pros!
Color Mixing Tips
* Orange: Yellow + Red
* Burnt Orange: Yellow + Red + Med Brown
* Olive Green: Yellow + Green>5 + Black
* Vanilla: White>25 + Dark Brown
* Burgundy: Red>10 + Cordovan>3 + Black>5
* Forest Green: Yellow + Green>5 + Blue>5 + Black >2
* Navy Blue: Blue + Black
* Purple: Red + Blue
* Grey: White>15 + Blue + Black>2
Note: Every leather article is unique in terms of the raw materials, products employed and tanning methods used in its preparation; we strongly recommend First TESTING the color on a less visible part of the jacket/handbag before proceeding with the whole artcile.
Very Effective Leather Cleaner!! Good value for your money 700ml = 24oz.
Gentle enough to be used regularly on leather, suede or Nubuck. Use Aquila to clean leather furniture, car seats and more. Use regularly, especialy on light colors and delicate leather to prevent permanent staining due to accumulation of body oils.
Leaves no greasy or slippery residue Gentle enough to be used for Exotic leather Gentle enough to be used regularly Use for car interior, leather furniture, saddles and more...
Instructions: So simple. Spray generously, rub in circular motion with a sponge. Wait for 1 minute for the contaminants to float up on the surface, then wipe off the loosen soils with a clean, white cloth. Repeat as needed.
Note: Will prevent accumulation of body oils and dirt on headrests and armrests. Contains no silicon or glycerin (dust magnets!).