Leather Jacket Repair KIT, DIY
Leather Jacket Repair Instructions
1. Trim the hole with a scizzor to clean up the rough edges from the tear.
2. Cut the subpatch material slightly bigger than the hole. Insert it under the hole with the adhesive side face up.
3. Heat the subpatch (with your hairdryer) to bond the adhesive to the leather.
4. Mix the repair compound with your color (black or dark brown).
5. Use the Syringe to suck up the filler into the tube. Spread the filler neatly over the tears. Use your fingers to even out the paste & push in. Spread the filler compound over the hole/tears in thin layers. Air dry it before applying another layer. Thin layers yield a stronger, long lasting repair.
6. Sand the repaired area (after it dried) with fine grit sandpaper (400 grit or 600 grit)
7. Paint the repaired areas with our Leather Dye (black or dark brown). On average 3 coats will cover up the repair nicely.
Voila. You are done! Don't forget to pat yourself on the back for doing such a nice job!
The 4oz dye bottle is enough to dye your jacket (medium size). So be creative and touch up other worn out areas while waiting for the compound to dry (like zipper, pockets, hems, collar and cuffs). If you think of dying the entire jacket for a new look, why not?! Just make sure your jacket is clean before dying (or the dye won't bond well to a dirty surface). Dye is a semi-transparent color, so some characteristics of the background is still showing thru. Meaning if your jacket has stressed or antiqued effect, it will be visible still after the first coat.
Leather Jacket Repair Kit includes:
• Leather Dye, 4oz (select Black or Dark Brown)
• Subpatch paper 4"x2"
• Filler Repair Compound
• Syringe Small
• 2oz plastic cup
• 1in Foam Brush
• 400 grit sandpaper
Snagged your favorite leather jacket and tore a hole through it? Or that cute puppy decided to make your jacket his meal one day? Rather than throw your jacket away, you can fix the tear yourself! Designed for soft, fine leather jackets, our repair compounds formulated to remain soft and flexible to preserve the natural look and feel of leather. The kit will permanently repair tears, holes and surface scratches.
If you leather garment is Black or Dark Brown, your jacket is lucky to have you as its Doctor. Our Leather Repair Kit comes with either Black or Dark Brown. If you have any other color, send your jacket to us for repair. We will custom mix a color to match your garment. Color matching is very time-consuming and is the hardest part of leather repair. It requires special tools & many color to prepare a custom match, and that's why we only offer Black and Dark Brown for DIY person. This final finish touch blends everything in and seals a fine look.
Questions? Email: support@LeatherRepairPro.com