Save 12%OFF! This kit is essential to prepare for you car seat, boat seats painting job. Correct prep is a must for a successul color enhancing project. KIT includes:
* Sem Soap Designed as a first step cleaner for all repair and refinish procedures. SOAP gravitates into the pores of the substrate and floats contaminants to the surface. SOAP also contains a slight abrasive to open the substrate for greater adhesion. 8 oz package. Rub the soap into leather with a grey scuff pad. Wipe off residue with a clean towel.
* Hand Scuff Pad. These pads lightly scuff the finish allowing better adhesion for the Dye. Apply light pressure when cleaning do not scratch the surface with the pads. Wipe clean with lint free cloth or paper towel after cleaning.
* Leather/Plastic Prep: Use to Prep the surface prior to apply color coat. Clean & Prepare surface for paint. It opens the substrate to enhance leather paint adhesion.
* Fine Grit Sandpaper: use sandpaper to smooth out scratches or bummper areas. Lightly buff the finish between coats.
This Kit does NOT include color. Classic Coat and Surecoat is sold seperately.
Regular price: $40.00
Sale price: $35.50
Save 10% OFF Just order Surecoat Paint and you are ready for a fun, rewarding recolor project. This kit is to used with Pigmented/Protected paint and NOT to be used with Analine dye.
Convenient Package for your DIY Leather Painting Needs. Save money on costly restoration project performed by the professionals. Follow our Step-by-Step instructions, and you will be proud of you Leather Recolor Project.
Leather Paint are sold seperately. Just select the Color Coat (brown tone) of your choice below under Accessories, OR for other color, visit our Furniture Recolor Section
STANDARD Kit contains:
* Sem Soap Designed as a first step cleaner for all repair and refinish procedures. SOAP gravitates into the pores of the substrate and floats contaminants to the surface. SOAP also contains a slight abrasive to open the substrate for greater adhesion. It's normal to see color comes off when you are scrubbing with Sem Soap. 15 oz package. Rub the soap into leather with a grey scuff pad. Wipe off residue with a clean towel.
* Leather/Plastic PREP areosol to clean & prepare surface for better adhesion 16oz.
* Surecoat Reducer to thin paint for spraying, 4oz
* Surecoat Crosslinker to increase adhesion & surface resistance to stains, .5oz
* SpraySet complete kit SpraTool/PowerPak to spray the color at the finish stage
* Foam Brush 2in to brush the color in, the first, 2nd base coat.
* Cup, Latex Gloves
* 400 grit Sandpaper, Scuff Pad
LARGE DELUXE KIT contains:
Everything in the Standard Kit PLUS:
* Surecoat Reducer 16oz (instead of 4 oz)
* Foam Brushes: 1in, 2in, 3in
* Cross Linker 1oz (instead of .05oz)
* 600 grit Sandpaper, Grey Scuff Pad
* Refill aerosol can for SpraTool/PowerPak
Large kit is typically recommended if you are restoring large pieces like a sofa and loveseat.
The biggest difference between this Deluxe Kit and the Basic Kit is the addition of the Spray tool and Reducer. It gives the flexibilty to both paint with a brush and SPRAY. Spraying yields a smooth, more profesional finish.
To view VIDEO Instructions of How to use the Spray Kit CLICK HERE
1/ Clean with SEM SOAP. Wet your grey scrub pad, then squeeze all excess water to make the pad lightly damp. Pour SEM Soap onto the damp pad and scrub your leather surface to remove dirt, soil, contaminants and any loose particles. Some of the old paint & color will come off and transfer to your pad. This is normal.
2/ Clean with SEM Plastic/Leather PREP. Spray your soiled leather liberally with Leather Prep. Wipe off the excess with a clean white towel. Don't worry if some stains remain. The main purpose of prepping is to lift the contaminants out and open the pores for better paint adhesion. Wait until it dries (about 10min-15min,depend on your room temperature) before painting.
3/ Use fine sand paper to smooth out any rough spots, scrapes and scratches. Reclean with Leather Prep if needed after sanding.
4/ ADD CROSSLINKER into your Surecoat paint before painting. Shake well. Crosslinker enhances surface resistance and prolong the life of your recoloring job.
4 (a)/ If Brushing, you don't need to add reducer. We normally apply the first coat with a foam brush and cover up all the edges, corners, hidden folds at this time. You may see light foam brush marks at this point. It will look better when it dries. Also spraying in the next step will provide a smooth finish.
4 (b)/ Now Mix REDUCER wih Surecoat paint to thin the colorant for easy, smooth spray. Shake well. Then Spray the next 2, 3 coats with the SpraTool (included in this package). Spraying yields a smoother finish when it dries. Spray in thin layers. Make sure the paint is dry (about 10-15minutes, depend on your room temperature) before applying another coat.
TIPS: if the unit does NOT spray, there are 2 common issues: 1/ You did not add enough Reducer, so the paint is too thick. Add a little more reducer, shake well(up to 30% of reducer can be added). 2/ The tip (red, blue, or white) is clogged. Use a pin, or needle and push thru the 2 tiny spray holes at the tip (air and paint) to clear the clog.
Allow the paint to cure for about 72 hours before normal usage.
Regular price: $56.00
Sale price: $50.00
Use to Prep the surface prior to apply color coat. Using the plastic/leather prep allows the leather coat to be applied right away. You do not want to wet the leather prior to a repair or color application.
15oz aerosol can.
Clean & Prepare surface for primer or paint. It opens the substrate to enhance leather paint adhesion.
Scrubbing is not necessary.
The brush applicator is used to apply color on leather/vinyl if you are not using the alternative Spray Kit.
Crosslilnker Increases the durability and resistance of SURE-COAT to the effects of most industrial and household chemicals which commonly affect water borne coatings. This additive to the sure-coat will allow the leather paint to stand up against future cleanings, especially if a person uses some type of harsh cleaner.
Crosslinker improves water and solvent resistance, toughness, abrasion resistance, flexability and long term durability of the coating.
Directions: Mix up to 3% crosslinker to the Surecoat right before painting.