Convert Analine to Pigmented. Baddly Stained Sofa
Click on Image Above for Larger View. Faded, Stained Leather Sofa Refinish
* DEGREASER: : dissolves the oils and transforms them into a powder. Leave the powder on for about 1, 2 hours to draw the oil out.
* SEM SOAP: is a cleaner for refinish procedures. ONLY USE SEM SOAP when you RECOLOR leather. This product will break down the old top coat finish. Sem Soap gravitates into the pores of the substrate and floats contaminants to the surface.
* Leather Prep: prepare surface for paint. Enhance adhesion. Loosen up oil & grease
* Prebottom Solvent: assists in adhesion when applying color to leather that needs to absorb
* Surecoat Pigment Color: change or enhance the current color while maintaining the texture and look of leather and vinyl
* Crosslinker: improves water and solvent resistance, toughness, abrasion resistance. Enhance flexability & durability of Surecoat. Adding Crosslinker helps to make your leather cleaning easier in the long run.
* Leather Protectant: protect leather surface against daily soiling so it looks cleaner longer.
* Hair Dryer
* Gray Scuff Pad
* Fine 400grit sandpaper
* Foam Brush
* Sponge, Cloth
* Professional HVLP Spray Gun
*STEP 1: Spray Degreaser on greasy areas like headrest, armrests. After 1 hour, wipe off the powder with a damp rag or vacuum it off. Spraying again if needed.
*STEP 2: Rub SEM SOAP onto leather with a damp gray scuff pad. Wipe off loosen soil with a clean white cloth.
*STEP 3: Spray Leather Prep liberally. Scrub with a gray scuff pad if needed. Wipe off loose contaminants with a clean cloth.
*STEP 4: Wipe on Prebottom Solvent. Apply color coat right away when the prebottom solvent is still moist or tacky.
*STEP 5: Hand applied 1st color coat with a foam brush. If you have Spray Gun, spray the next coats. Add Crosslinker and Reducer before spraying/brushing. Wait until the prevevous coat dry before applying the next coat (typically 10-15minutes). On average, 3-4 coats is sufficient to yield a smooth, uniform finish (if you refinish with the same color tone).
NOTE: you can use hair dryer to speed up drying between color coats.
*STEP 6: Wipe on Leather Protectant with a sponge .
Let the products cure for 72 hours before regular sitting usage.
Questions? Email: support@LeatherRepairPro.com